Young Engineer of the Year
The Young Engineer of the Year Award is given to a member of CAACE who is less than 35 years of age on January 1st of the year in which the award is given, and who is judged to have contributed substantially to the status of the engineering profession by meeting these criteria:
1. An established reputation for services to CAACE and other engineering
2. Personal character, integrity, and public image above reproach.
3. An established reputation for civic, community, and public activities and responsibilities.
4. Significant contribution towards improving the professional aspects of civil engineering education.
5. Participation in the professional guidance of qualified young people who seek civil engineering as a career and professional development of young engineers in the formation stages of their career, or other evidence of merit, which in the judgment of the Awards Committee, shall have advanced the Association’s professional objectives.
6. Achievements and distinction in technical field of choice and area of practice (government, education, industry, and private practice).